Monday, December 29, 2014

In the Beginning


Hello, thank you for visiting my blog: "
An Actor's Quest". I am Marcus DeSean Jackson. I am a professional actor from Detroit, Michigan. I am currently represented by the Avenue Agency, located in Nashville, Tennessee. This blog is dedicated to the craft of acting, and my journey to become one of the biggest names in entertainment. I have been acting for quite some time. I started my journey in 2005 when I was just a junior at Cass Technical High School. I was discovered by Mr. Ronald Otulakowski, he is a speech professor, and he has acted and directed in many stage plays throughout Michigan. While under his direction, I starred in the plays; "Arsenic and Old Lace", "Carmen Jones", and "Of Mice and Men". I graduated from high school in 2007, and decided to move to the southern states for college. I attended Tennessee State University, but decided to major in business management. I wasn't until my sophomore year until I had an urge to act again. I was two years removed from acting when I came across a flyer on campus. On the flyer noted auditions for a student production for a play titled "Good Men are Hard NOT to Find" written and directed by Michael E. Johnson II. The flyer was such an attraction, that I couldn't help but to think about getting back into acting. The only thing was that the audition date was the same day, and that's when my nerves started to kick in. I started having doubts and asking question like, "Am I good enough?" And, "Do I have the time to do this?" I was conflicted, I decided to do what I would normally do when I need help with an important decision, PRAY. The audtions began at 7 and it wasn't until the very last minute where I found myself signing my name to receive my sides for the audition. Long story short, I was casted and I joined a group of talented individuals that are currently living their dreams accross the nation. Shortly after, in 2011, I decided to do a school production. It was for a play entitled, "RUINED" written by Lynn Nottage and it was directed by Dr. Lawrence James. The story covered the issue with women sufferage in Africa. I played the role of Fortune. The production did so well that we were invited to Daytona, Florida to compete in the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival. Our production became a region IV finalist, but we didn't become a national finalist. From that experience I realized that acting is what wanted I to do for a career. I decided to change my major to theatre and in the years following, I appeared in many stage plays throughout TSU and Nashville. Some of those plays include "A Raisin in the Sun", and August Wilson's "Seven Guitars ", where I was nominated for the Irene Ryan Award. In 2014, I signed to the Avenue Agency. Thereafter, I appeared on national television, starring in "Fatal Attraction" and "Snapped: Killer Couples". My journey as an actor has been amazing up to this point. I have been blessed to travel to parts of the country, doing what I love. It is my hope and dream that I will utilize my talents to become one of the greatest actors of all time, and achieve many accolades along the way. This blog has many aspects of my career on it's way. Readers will be able to get a detailed look of what it takes to make it, the ups and downs, and the unparalleled determination and belief towards one's destiny. It is my honor to share my story. Please come back biweekly for new content!

Thanks,
Marcus DeSean Jackson
about.me/marcusdesean

No comments:

Post a Comment