Monday, June 29, 2015

FILM-COM & S.O.A.R.ing in Atlanta w/ Winsome Sinclair!

This past week FILM-Com was showcased in Nashville, TN. That gave a chance for the talent in Nashville to showcase its talent by promoting and pitching ideas to industry names from LA, NYC, and Atlanta. I was honored with the opportunity to meet Casting Director; Winsome Sinclair (Fast and Furious, Barbershop 3) and decided to register for her class. I visited one of my favorite cities, Atlanta. The purpose was to sharpen my acting skills by attending an intensive study with  Winsome. The focus was on audition technique and how to Start Owning the Auditon Room (SOAR)! There were also other skills learned as well from streghtening the relationship between an actor and agent, Meisner Technique exercises, brand building, even to SAG-AFTRA information. I was require to prepare scenes for her and her associates, which led to an one-on-one session with Ms. Sinclair. She gave me some important keys towards becoming a successful actor. Let's just say that I am very, VERY confident that I will have my time as a major actor in the business! I returned home a better man and actor, and I'm thankful for this mighty blessing. THE FUTURE JUST GOT BRIGHTER!!! -MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment